We talk a lot about systems. That's because so many of the challenges in front of us are tangled together. Our healthcare, our economy, our government, our housing, and all the other basic things that keep us up at night—they're all connected.
Capitalism leaves millions of people struggling in poverty, destroys our environment, and concentrates power among a small club of exceedingly wealthy people and corporations, not because it has gone off the rails but because that is what it is designed to do. If we want different outcomes for our kids, our planet, and our future, we need to stop doing the same things over and over again. We need to stand up to the establishment, challenge the status quo, and take bold action; our future depends on it.
We're in a fight to reclaim our future. To do that, we need to accomplish three things:
- Dismantle corrupt systems
- Empower working people and communities
- Save the planet while we're at it
Here are just a few things we're fighting for:
- Universal, single-payer healthcare (improved Medicare for All)
- Passing the American Anti-Corruption Act
- An ecosocialist Green New Deal
- Ending our dependence on fossil fuels by 2030
- Creating 20 million green jobs
- Universal basic income
- Federal guarantees for jobs and housing
- Adopting a 30-hour work week as the standard
- 12 months minimum paid leave for new parents
- Workforce unionization and collective bargaining power for workers
- Legalization of cannabis
- Ending mass incarceration
- Ending the school-to-prison pipeline
- Divesting from the high-stakes testing industry
- Free public college and vocational schooling
- Cancellation of all existing student debt
- Bringing our troops home and putting an end to US imperialism
- Breaking up monopolies and ending corporate personhood
- Passing the Equal Rights Amendment
- Gender parity in Congress
- Reproductive justice and economic equity for women
- Tougher penalties for discrimination, exploitation, and violence against women
- LGBTQIA+ equality at the federal level
- Proportional representation systems and ranked choice voting
- Getting big money out of our elections
- Promoting safe, responsible gun ownership
- Comprehensive, fair, and humane immigration reform
- Publicly owned utilites
- Nationwide mass transit
On Tuesday, September 10th, vote for Allen Smith.
Join our movement.
Help us reclaim our future by replacing our broken and corrupt systems, empowering working people and communities, and saving our planet while we're at it. It won't be easy. It will take all of us working together. But working together is what we do best. We can do this. We, the people, are going to win.