Our infrastructure is long overdue for improvements. In order to create a sustainable long-term future for our kids and their kids, we have to make a concerted effort to revolutionize the way we build our cities, roads, sidewalks, buildings, factories, parks, railways, and energy systems. This includes transitioning away from an automobile-centric design of our cities, neighborhoods, and roads. It also includes transitioning to 100% clean energy by 2030 with the help of a Green New Deal that will not only update our energy systems and infrastructure, but which will help provide financial stability to 20 million individuals and their families through stable, green jobs.
Things I'll be fighting for
- Passage of a real Green New Deal
- Higher energy efficiency standards for construction and consumer goods
- Investing in clean, mass transit systems to connect our cities, towns, and rural communities
- Decentralized, publicly-owned energy infrastructure
- Increasing resources for electrifying our personal vehicles
- A moratorium on widening of highways and interstates
- Investments in clean, renewable energy resources, such as wind, solar, and geothermal
Join our movement.
Help us reclaim our future by replacing our broken and corrupt systems, empowering working people and communities, and saving our planet while we're at it. It won't be easy. It will take all of us working together. But working together is what we do best. We can do this. We, the people, are going to win.