Our country needs a complete overhaul of its immigration laws. Our broken immigration system, combined with our trade policies and our destabilizing military activity around the world has created extreme social injustice. Millions of people are living and working in the U.S. with no legal status, making them subject to extreme exploitation and abuse. Immigration raids are terrorizing the immigrant community. Families are being broken up. Employer abuses of undocumented workers are rampant.
In order to fix our system, we must implement immediate and long-term solutions that are practical, fair, and most importantly, humane. That includes a pathway to citizenship for current residents, domestic and foreign economic policies that protect people from exploitation and family destabilization, and measures that allow us to protect ourselves by verifying the identities of those who want to enter our country.
Things I'll be fighting for
- Permanent border passes to all citizens of Mexico and Canada whose identity can be traced and verified
- Decriminalizing the act of gainful employment by making work permits for citizens of Mexico and Canada easily obtainable
- Permanent resident status for all persons fleeing political, racial, religious, or other types of persecution
- Special consideration for those who wish to come to the U.S. to escape intolerable conditions created by our government or U.S. corporations
- Allowing undocumented immigrants to obtain drivers licenses if they can prove their identity and pass the required tests
- Reducing wait lists and making the immigration processing system work more efficiently
- Repealing NAFTA, CAFTA, fast track authority and other corporate globalization policies
- Preventing local police from acting as agents of immigration enforcement
- Measures protecting the victims of human trafficking and tougher laws against traffickers
Join our movement.
Help us reclaim our future by replacing our broken and corrupt systems, empowering working people and communities, and saving our planet while we're at it. It won't be easy. It will take all of us working together. But working together is what we do best. We can do this. We, the people, are going to win.