Everyone deserves the opportunity to influence the government decisions that affect them. But our country suffers from a corrupt campaign finance system that enables corporate and wealthy elites to purchase political outcomes and an abundance of anti-democratic electoral, ballot access and debate rules designed to minimize participation and choice. Incumbent politicians and establishment candidates often talk about reforming our broken systems, but they fail to take meaningful action because they exploit these broken systems to get elected and maintain their positions of power.
It’s time to get big money out of our elections. To do that, we need to fundamentally change the way our elections are financed and conducted. We also need to enact laws that end corruption and gerrymandering, open up our primaries, allow ranked-choice voting, and put an end to the legalized systems of bribery that corporate lobbying laws allow.
Things I'll be fighting for
- Passing the American Anti-Corruption Act
- Proportional representation systems and ranked choice voting
- Providing full federal funding for elections, including free and equal airtime for all ballot-qualified candidates
- Prohibiting corporations from spending to influence elections
- Eliminating all ballot access laws and rules that discriminate against or impose an undue burden on smaller parties and independent citizens running for office
- Abolishing the Electoral College and provide for the direct national election of the president by Instant Runoff Voting
- Developing publicly-owned, open-source voting equipment and deploy it across the nation to ensure high national standards, performance, transparency and accountability
- Enacting a national right-to-vote law or constitutional amendment to guarantee universal, automatic, permanent voter registration
- Restoring full citizenship rights to felons upon completion of their sentence, including the right to vote and to run for elected office
- Making Election Day a national holiday
- Establishing independent and transparent non-partisan redistricting processes to stop partisan gerrymandering and protect minority rights and representation
- Broadening lobbying regulations to increase transparency and stop the revolving door between the government and lobbying industry
Join our movement.
Help us reclaim our future by replacing our broken and corrupt systems, empowering working people and communities, and saving our planet while we're at it. It won't be easy. It will take all of us working together. But working together is what we do best. We can do this. We, the people, are going to win.